At the end of the Workshop you will:
• Know the expectations of the Line Manager role and the framework within which you need to operate
• Have identified your behavioural style and know how to employ it for maximum effect
• Have practical tips for making the most of the time you have available
• Be able to describe how motivations vary from person to person and the impact of this in the workplace
• Know best practice for coaching, mentoring, giving and receiving feedback, and having “difficult conversations”
• Have identified a personal plan of action to close any skills gaps or knowledge
What topics are covered?
• Management Perspectives – your role, responsibilities and skills
• The concept of leadership – what’s my style?
• Motivation and delegation (high level tools)
• Coaching conversations – essential skills